Download Innovative 6th form ideas (just in case you want to share it)
this is the powerpoint I based discussions on at Tomlinscote on Wednesday for a very interesting (well I would say that, wouldn't I!) session for Links into Languages. The ideas below were the ones added to my pink post-it learning wall- thanks for the contributions, one and all!
One pupil sits with their back to the screen
- The rest of the class then describe what is on the screen for them to guess
Create a pack of cards with 5 to 10 conjugated verbs in every tense pupils have learnt.
- Students categorise into correct tenses into a timeline
- Play snap with the cards- snap for same tense
Mini-whiteboard game: students answer questions by writing answers on the board then showing them quickly to win points
The post-it (rizla) game- pupils write a famous character on a post-it and stick it on a peer's forehead. They then have to ask questions to find out who they all are!
Running dictation- the twist!
- Before doing the dictation, answer a series of questions based on the text outside the room
- After completing the running dictation, translate into English / create a summary
- THEN translate back into Spanish (either the translation or the summary), without now being able to see the Spanish dictation text
- Peer assess
Allow the pupils to create topic booklets to use as teaching materials for the following year
Create a newspaper
- you provide the headlines, they provide an article to accompany it
Give each group (3 or 4 pupils) a list of about 12 words in TL
- They then have 20 minutes to create a story to read out / act out to the rest of the class using all of these words